Jan 21, 2011

Weekend Picks

The NFL has reached its final four. Two teams advance to the Super Bowl, two go home. Out of the four teams left, here's the order of who I'd most like to see win the Super Bowl:
  1. Green Bay (NFC #6)
  2. Pittsburgh (AFC #2)
  3. Chicago (NFC #2)
  4. New York (AFC #6)
The top two are the ones everyone is picking, so you know what that means? That won't be the Super Bowl matchup. So what will it be? Two #6 seeds? Two #2 seeds or #2 vs. #6 (but which one)?

Here are my picks:

Packers 20
Bears 27

Jets 17
Steelers 21

I'll be rooting for the Packers, but I just have a feeling. Everything lined up for the Bears this year and they already beat Green Bay once. The weather and field conditions will be a factor, and as awesome as Aaron Rogers has been playing, it'll be tough for him to repeat it against a division opponent (who they played in week 17), on the road at Soldier Field.

For the other game, I just don't want to see the Jets make the Super Bowl. I don't know if I'd be able to take the 2-week buildup with Rex Ryan. The Jets have been a circus this year starting with Hard Knocks, but the media love New York and the Jets play up everything. The Steelers are a working class team, and while many still despise Ben Roethlisberger, I could live with them making the Super Bowl. They've been there before and act like it. The Jets haven't been in years, yet act like they win every year.

Both games should be fun.

No comments: