Jan 25, 2010

Black and Gold Super Bowl!

I never thought I'd see it. I mean, I always had hope, but this is the Saints we're talking about. The team that just finds ways to lose. Saints fans have seen it all, and the all has not been good. But there's something different about the Sean Payton/Drew Brees era Saints. These guys have brought a winning attitude and the city now believes that the Saints will win these tough games.

What a game last night against Brett Favre and the Vikings?!?!? I was lucky enough to be in that number with my dad, and it's something I'll remember for the rest of my life. Getting to watch the game with my dad was awesome and seeing the Saints finally make it to the Super Bowl was icing on the cake.

This was a great game and one that the Saints were outgained, but turnovers proved to be costly. It was so frustrating to watch with all the fumbles the Vikings were committing. The Saints should have had a 14 point lead, but they kept it exciting. Garrett Hartley proved to be the hero (only a week after Peter King said that he'd have the least confidence in Hartley out of all the four championship round kickers).

As Jim Henderson said on WWL radio, pigs have flown, hell has frozen over, the Saints are going to the Super Bowl!

No comments: