Jan 5, 2009

New Doctor Who: Matt Smith

Matt Smith was named the 11th Doctor this weekend. He'll be taking over the TARDIS for David Tennant in 2010 and at age 26, he'll be the youngest actor ever to play the Doctor. Other than that, I do not know much about him.

I watched the Doctor Who Confidential interview on youtube (see below) and will wait to see what direction he takes the character before forming an opinion. I know there are already people complaining that he's too young and they don't like the choice. But there were also people complaining about Tennant's selection as well and now he's one of the most beloved actors ever to play the part. Oh well, you can't make everyone happy.

I do know that I'm excited to see where Steven Moffat takes the series. He has written some of the best episodes of the new series and with him in charge, the show can go in any direction.

No comments: