Oct 6, 2008

Indiana Jones V, really?

I was as excited as the next guy to watch Indiana Jones IV, but came away from the theatre a little disappointed with the effort. Now there's talks that George Lucas wants to do Indiana Jones V. Lucas has a reputation for wanting to milk money out of his most successful franchises (Indiana Jones and Star Wars) but this is getting ridiculous.

I am a huge fan of "The Last Crusade" and felt it was a good ending spot for the movies, but then Lucas wanted to do another one. He convinced Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford to do it and now he's working them over for a 5th installment.

Does everyone really want to see a Shia LeBoeuf led Indiana Jones? That's the rumor for the next movie. Ford would take a backseat and play a role similar to Sean Connery in the 3rd film and LaBoeuf would go on the adventure.

I am a huge George Lucas fan, but I hate to see him run his successful movies into the ground. It became a running joke with Star Wars with the Special Editions and Prequel Trilogy and now its happening with Indiana Jones.

I have to admit though, I will keep paying money to see my favorite characters on the big screen, so as Obi Wan Konobi once said, "Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

No comments: