Jul 15, 2008

Poll: Goblet of Fire Picked as Top HP Book

I started this blog almost a year ago and have included polls on the sidebar since the beginning. The polls have ranged from sports topics to television and movies to any other random thing I can think of to poll. But once a poll closed, I just took it down and put up the next one (mostly because I only get about 4-5 votes each time. Thank you loyal readers!). Well, I've decided to start keeping track of the poll results, so once a poll closes, I'll do a post on it and talk about how and why I voted the way I did. Without further ado, here's the first poll post.

After a few weeks and a total of 16 votes (not a huge sampling, but the blog isn't exactly USA Today), Goblet of Fire is chosen as the reader's favorite Harry Potter book. I personally voted for Half-Blood Prince, but enjoyed Goblet of Fire as well.

Here's how the poll turned out:
The Sorcerer's Stone
0 (0%)
The Chamber of Secrets
1 (6%)
The Prisoner of Azkaban
4 (25%)
The Goblet of Fire
5 (31%)
The Order of the Phoenix
2 (12%)
The Half-Blood Prince
3 (18%)
The Deathly Hallows
1 (6%)

I'm still working on Deathly Hallows and am really enjoying it, but I think Half-Blood Prince will still be my favorite. I was most disappointed with Order of the Phoenix. I just found it too long with not enough advancement of the story. I believe I read that JK Rowling would have edited it down if she had had more time with it. It is still a fantastic story, but it just takes too long to get to the good stuff.

Next poll: Your favorite Star Wars film

No comments: