May 13, 2008

Iron Man Rocks

I was skeptical of seeing Hollywood's latest comic book movie effort in Iron Man, but I left the theater more than satisfied. Iron Man is definately worth the price of admission and will launch a new line of Marvel flicks, culminating in The Avengers in 2011.

I would like to commend Jon Favreau for his vision of Iron Man. He took a realistic approach in portraying Tony Stark similar to Christopher Nolan's vision for Batman. Iron Man stayed away from cheesy love triangles or a 1970s era dance sequences down the sidewalk and stuck with a good story.

I wasn't too familiar with the Iron Man comic before this movie, but after hearing about Marvel's future releases (Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor and The Avengers), I look forward to seeing this franchise's future. As long as they keep Jon Favreau involved in these future movies, the series will be a hit.

No comments: